[vtkusers] vtk books

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue Dec 15 13:25:31 EST 2009

Hello Michael,

We have just finished updating the VTK Users Guide (adding quite a bit
of new material on information visualization, geospatial visualization,
selections, widgets, time dependent data, composite / multi-block data,
animation, etc.) We expect to get the new version of this book back from
the printer in the late January time frame. The new CMake book will also
be available around this same time. Keep an eye on the mailing lists -
we'll announce their release date as soon as we know it.

We are in the process of updating the VTK textbook now, and will
probably have the new version of that book in late summer 2010.

Between releases of these books, a good place to find information on new
features in any of our open source projects is The Source (our quarterly
newsletter for developers / end users). You can find the Source archives
here: http://kitware.com/products/thesource.html,  along with
information on subscribing to receive a paper copy if you'd like.

Lisa