[vtkusers] vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter + unstructuredGrid

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:00:04 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Bill Chivas <noo134 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I mean vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter (similar to vtkGeometryFilter).
> At step 3, if i replace it with vtkGeometryFilter, i get only the outer.

Looks like you taught me something new.  I didn't know about
DataSetSurfaceFilter.

> vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter on which cells is applied? hexahedrons?

The vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter only does polygons, polylines, and
triangle strips.  And even for those cells types, it requires that the
cells form a continuous surface i.e. cells can't be isolated or be
joined up in strange ways.

   David