[vtkusers] vtkFrustumSource Output polydata bounds problem

Adeline Joliet adeline_joli at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 04:36:43 EST 2009

Hello vtk community,

I'm trying to use vtkFrustumSource to generate a polydata from the 6 planes of a frustum.

vtkFrustumSource * fs = vtkFrustumSource::New();

vtkPlanes * frustumPlanes = areaPicker->GetFrustum();

fs->SetPlanes(frustumPlanes);

frustumedPolyData = fs->GetOutput();

I'm able to display frustumedPolyData.

But then I need to apply some filter on this polydata and i find out that the bounds of frustumedPolyData are wrong ...

bounds[0],bounds[2] and bounds[4] are equal to 439290.0000 ...

bounds[1],bounds[3] and bounds[5] seems to be correct

I had a look to how vtkFrustumSource build the polydata but I can't find something wrong...

Does somebody has an idea why the bounds are wrong ?

Regards,
Adeline