[vtkusers] Question to performance leak in multipass Rendering inVTK

Rocco Gasteiger post at rocco-gasteiger.de
Thu Dec 10 03:23:47 EST 2009

Hello again,

In my previous post, I forgot to mention that the performance leak occurs
only for objects with high number of triangles (about 70,000 triangles). In
my first pass of my derived rendering pass class, no performance leak is
noticeable. But turn on the second rendering pass within the class the
performance leak occurs. So it seems that in my second rendering pass the
whole geometry is loaded to the GPU again and this for every rendering step.
Is that the reason and how can I resolve this circumstance? I think I miss
some important understanding of the underlying rendering pipeline of the
multipass framework.

Thanks in advance ,

Rocco