[vtkusers] Error with VTK and Python Wrapper on MacOSX 10.6

Florian Wilhelm Florian.Wilhelm at kit.edu
Wed Dec 9 07:40:29 EST 2009

Hi,

I want to compile VTK 5.4.2 with Python Wrapper under MacOS X 10.6 "Snow
Leopard" Server with Xcode 3.2.1 and cmake 2.8.0 installed.
When configuring via ccmake I get the following Warning

  CMake Warning (dev) at

/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Volumes/gwvolume/groups/g1/local/lib/VTK/CMake/vtkDetermineCompilerFlags.cmake:98
(IF):
    given arguments:

      "TRUE"

    An argument named "TRUE" appears in a conditional statement.  Policy
CMP0012 is not set: if() recognizes numbers and boolean constants.  Run
    "cmake --help-policy CMP0012" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
    command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
  Call Stack (most recent call first):
    CMakeLists.txt:358 (INCLUDE)
  This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

which I include here only for completeness.
I then set the following options in ccmake
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS 	ON
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON		ON
While generating ("g" in ccmake) I now get the following error:

CMake Error in

/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Network/Servers/MY_SERVER/Volumes/gwvolume/groups/g1/local/lib/VTK/Common/CMakeLists.txt:
    Cannot find source file "vtkCommonPythonInit.cxx".  Tried extensions
.c .C
    .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

I can't resolve this. The file vtkCommonPythonInit.cxx really doesn't
exist only vtkCommonPythonInit.data.
Doing the same thing under Linux just works fine although there isn't
any file named vtkCommonPythonInit.cxx either.
Any help or tipps are deeply appreciated. I've been trying to figure
this out for two days.

Best regards,

Florian Wilhelm

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Engineering Mathematics and Computing Lab (EMCL) &

Dipl.-Math. Florian Wilhelm
Research Associate

Fritz-Erler-Str. 23, Geb. 01.86
76133 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-5848
Fax:   +49 721 608-4178
Email: Florian.Wilhelm at kit.edu
http://numhpc.math.kit.edu, http://www.emcl.kit.edu

KIT - University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and