[vtkusers] Creating an ImageData from the bounds of a PolyData

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:56:24 EST 2009

Also, we must take into account the cost of each line of code we add
to the toolkits. A few years ago I estimated that each line of code
(including comments) cost about $30. I just checked ohloh.org and
vtk's cost is estimated at about $45 million assuming $100K per person
year (which is conservative I think). That works out to a bit over $20
per line.

paraview: $63 million
itk: $24 million

Bill