[vtkusers] Marking a pixel with a filled circle

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:38:44 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I somehow completely missed the part about vtkImageBlend. It seems
> like an enormous pain though - I tried to make an example:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Examples_Combine_Images
>
> but it seems to be expecting a vtkImageStencilData. I tried to use
> vtkImageStencil but I don't understand what is going on - can you help
> clarify?

It doesn't need a vtkImageStencilData, the test just uses that feature
in order to test it.  Just give ImageBlend two images as input, it
doesn't need anything else.

> I'll work on a vtkSurfacePicker example and let you know if there are any
> questions/problems.

There is an example, or at least, there is an example of it's subclass
vtkVolumePicker.  Look in
Examples/VolumeRendering/Python/VolumePicker.py.  There are also tests
(in tcl) that use VolumePicker and SurfacePicker.

All the examples that I made are volume-centric, though.   There
aren't any good examples for using vtkSurfacePicker with images.

> Thanks for your help David G (too many David's around here, haha)!

You're welcome.  There's never too many Davids, it makes it easier to
remember people's names if everyone's name's the same.

   David