[vtkusers] VTK class to do interpolation of scalar values

Jin Ryong Kim jinryongkim at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:52:08 EST 2009

I have a question about interpolation method in VTK.

Currently, I'm trying to interpolate scalar values between data points to
create a contour map.

I have some data points set (x, y, z) and scalar values related with each
data point.
So far, I found out vtkProbeFilter but when I tried, nothing came up.

My questions are as follow.

1. Is vtkProbeFilter the right choice in this case?

2. If not, what are the right vtk classes to accomplish such a goal?

If anyone has the solution for this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!