[vtkusers] pipelines connections

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 22:13:19 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 6:10 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
> <jmrbcu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> and for example, with an vtkImageActor, it only accept vtkImageData
>> objects as input with the SetInput method, how do I get an
>> vtkImageData object, for example, from vtkImageReslice with the new
>> style connections, or do I have to use reslice.GetOutput() old style?
>
> That's a good question - I was wondering the same thing today.

The vtkImageActor was probably just overlooked when the new connection
style was added to VTK.  It definitely should have a
SetInputConnection() method.  It's an odd class in other ways, too.
To answer the question, though, you must use the old-style connection
with it.

There isn't really anything "wrong" with the old-style connections,
it's just that the new-style connections are preferred.  If you have
to use an old-style connection, then do so, and don't worry about it
because you're not doing anything wrong.

    David