[vtkusers] Is there a special filter to smooth out marching cube meshes?

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Fri Dec 4 02:03:05 EST 2009

Thanks a lot Bill for Your quick answer.

On 03/12/09 16:49:13, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> All of the smoothing algorithms keep the mesh closed (if it was to
> start with) and manifold. As for the second request, that is a very
> specific. No vtk algorithm exists to do that.

I'd  think  that the normals of adjacent faces from the marching cubes surface
have discint angles to each other. Is that correct?
Would it perhaps be possible to take  advantage  of  that  fact  to  create  a
smoothing  filter  that  smoothes  only adjacent faces if they are oriented to
each other with these typical angles?

Regards,
Lynx