[vtkusers] Unable to allocate a large size of memory with VtkUnsignedShortArray;

E.R frantic_tictoc83 at yahoo.gr
Fri Aug 28 11:11:02 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am using this command to allocate a large size of memory,
so after i can load a volume of Images.

VtkUnsignedShortArray array->SetNumberValues(512*512*1600);

But I get an exception error "Unable to allocate ....... elements of size 2 bytes"

Although it seems that my available virtual space of memory is 1Giga!

Why I cant allocate such as amount of memory?? Can somebody give me a logical case and explain why is this happend?
Any Solution?

I am using C++/CLI (.NET) ,so i have managed objects for now and i am considering use and unmanaged  object (like vtk) in my Code.

Thank You!!

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;