[vtkusers] error LNK2019

cory blackburn cblac016 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 00:29:39 EDT 2009

I have recently installed VTK 5.0 using cmake 2.6 and Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition

I built vtk using cmake, then built BUILD_ALL and then INSTALL of the sln file. Then in Visual C++ I went to tools-> options and placed the include file directory and the lib files directory in the corresponding places under VC++ Directories.

I tryed to build the first tutorial (Cone.cxx) but it will not work. I can compile the file with no errors

------ Build started: Project: tut1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
Skipping... (no relevant changes detected)
Cone.cxx
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\VTK\Source\VTK\Examples\Tutorial\Step1\Cxx\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
tut1 - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

But I can not Build the project.

------ Build started: Project: tut1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Linking...
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall vtkCamera::Azimuth(double)" (?Azimuth at vtkCamera@@QAEXN at Z) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class vtkCamera * __thiscall vtkRenderer::GetActiveCamera(void)" (?GetActiveCamera at vtkRenderer@@QAEPAVvtkCamera@@XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkRenderWindow * __cdecl vtkRenderWindow::New(void)" (?New at vtkRenderWindow@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall vtkRenderer::AddActor(class vtkProp *)" (?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkRenderer * __cdecl vtkRenderer::New(void)" (?New at vtkRenderer@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkActor * __cdecl vtkActor::New(void)" (?New at vtkActor@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkPolyDataMapper * __cdecl vtkPolyDataMapper::New(void)" (?New at vtkPolyDataMapper@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkConeSource * __cdecl vtkConeSource::New(void)" (?New at vtkConeSource@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class vtkAlgorithmOutput * __thiscall vtkAlgorithm::GetOutputPort(int)" (?GetOutputPort at vtkAlgorithm@@QAEPAVvtkAlgorithmOutput@@H at Z) referenced in function "public: class vtkAlgorithmOutput * __thiscall vtkAlgorithm::GetOutputPort(void)" (?GetOutputPort at vtkAlgorithm@@QAEPAVvtkAlgorithmOutput@@XZ)
MSVCRTD.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain at 16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
Debug\tut1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Cory\My Documents\VTK\Source\VTK\Examples\Tutorial\Step1\Cxx\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
tut1 - 11 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Can anyone help me with these errors.

Thank You,