[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] Can we drop support for Visual Studio 7.0 andBorland 5.6?

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Aug 25 15:47:24 EDT 2009

Hi

I was using the Borland products a while ago but gave up
as of C++ Builder 2006 due to a whole mess of build issues with
ITK and switched over to MS Visual Studio 2005 Express.  If I
recall correctly, the newer Borland Builder products had a
size restriction imposed by the linker so that, for example,
with VTK, it became impossible to statically compile and link
an application built on VTK.  By all means, stop supporting.
Just my $0.02

Dean
www.camris.ca

My VS compiler is VS7. I use Slicer3 which sort of supports VS7.
Borland 5.8 is not an option since I do not believe that itk will
compile with it. Maybe a free Visual Studio version is my best option.
I'll investigate.

Bill