[vtkusers] error : set desired qt version‏

happy_win prasannjit at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 23 03:11:05 EDT 2009

Karl-51 wrote:

> Did you also set the QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE variable?  It should be something
> like C:/Program Files/QT/2009.03/qt/bin/qmake.exe

I am using Linux.
I set the environment variable by export command.
vikas at vikas-laptop:~/tmp$ export  DESIRED_QT_VERSION=4
vikas at vikas-laptop:~/tmp$ export  QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/lib/qmake-qt4

But still cmake gives

vikas at vikas-laptop:~/tmp$ cmake .

WARNING querying qmake for QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL.  qmake reported:

WARNING querying qmake for QMAKE_LIBS_X11.  qmake reported:

WARNING querying qmake for QMAKE_LIBS_THREAD.  qmake reported:

WARNING querying qmake for QMAKE_LIBS_DYNLOAD.  qmake reported:

CMake was unable to find desired QT version: 4. Set advanced values
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE and QT4_QGLOBAL_FILE.
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/vikas/tmp

However i was able to run the files in /vtk/GUI/Qt/qtimageviwer/

but i still dont get why it is giving CMake was unable to find desired QT
version: 4. Set advanced values QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE and QT4_QGLOBAL_FILE.

I also tried making changes in
/usr/lib/vtk-5.0/VTKConfigQt.cmake file

$cat /usr/lib/vtk-5.0/VTKConfigQt.cmake file
# export for Qt3
SET(VTK_QT_QT_LIBRARY "")
SET(VTK_QT_INCLUDE_DIR "/usr/include/qt4")
SET(VTK_QT_QASSISTANTCLIENT_LIBRARY "QT_QASSISTANTCLIENT_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND")

# exports for Qt4
SET(VTK_QT_RCC_EXECUTABLE "/usr/bin/rcc")
SET(VTK_DESIRED_QT_VERSION "4")

# exports for Qt3/Qt4
SET(VTK_QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE "/usr/bin/moc-qt4")
SET(VTK_QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE "/usr/bin/uic")
SET(VTK_QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE "/usr/bin/qmake-qt4")