[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGrid and vtkCellArray

Helvin Lui helvinlui at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 02:51:03 EDT 2009

I'm gonna cry soon if I don't get this done. > <
I have a .txt file of points and connectivity data. How do I read this in as
an unstructuredGrid?
How do I use vtkCellArray?

At the moment, I have this:

with open('C:\\Qt\\SimLCM\\Default\\Data_Input_Geometry.txt', 'r') as f:
#with open('C:\\Qt\\SimLCM\\Default\\Data_Input_Geometry_trial2.txt', 'r')
as f:

    meshPoints = vtk.vtkPoints()
    # Can't use voxels, because they specify corners that are perpendicular

    # Get number of points
    no_points = f.readline()
    no_points = int(no_points)
    print no_points   # Check reading

    # Set number of points in mesh
    meshPoints.SetNumberOfPoints(no_points)

    for i in range(no_points):
        # Get coord info for each point
        point_info = f.readline().split() # I need to split, before I assign
to point_coord
                                          # else the whole thing is split
into single numbers
        #print point_info # Check reading

        point_ID = (int(point_info[0])-1) # -1 because the IDs need to start
with 0.
        point_x = float(point_info[1])
        point_y = float(point_info[2])
        point_z = float(point_info[3])
        print point_ID, point_x, point_y, point_z
        # Set coord info in mesh
        meshPoints.InsertPoint(point_ID, point_x, point_y, point_z)

# Don't need the input file anymore. Get on with the display
aMeshGrid = vtk.vtkUnstructuredGrid()
aMeshGrid.Allocate(180,1)

cellTypes = vtk.vtkCellTypes()
aMeshGrid.InsertNextCell(cellTypes,[1,2,13])
aMeshGrid.SetPoints(meshPoints)

          etc...

But this second last line gives an error saying: TypeError: An Integer is
required.

PLEASE help!  Please...
--
Helvin

"Though the world may promise me more, I'm just made to be filled with the
Lord."