[vtkusers] Error while compiling vtk-5.4.2

Jihan Zoghbi jihanzoghbi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:45:48 EDT 2009

Hi Salih,

Thank you for the answer. I already have shown th path in cmake instalation
I put /usr/localVTKData  in my path. It seems that these member
functions(‘GetInlineDataPosition’, ‘GetInlineDataPosition’,) are not defined
in this class "vtkXMLDataElement". Is this a bug in vtk5.4.2 or I'm doing
something wrong in th instalation process.

Thanks

2009/8/20 salih halil sonmez <salihhalilsonmez at gmail.com>

> the file where  vtkdata.zip is unzipped can shown as a path in cmake
> installation? can you show the path?
>
> detail information:
>
> http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~cwyman/classes/common/howto/winVTK.html<http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/%7Ecwyman/classes/common/howto/winVTK.html>
>
> 2009/8/20 Jihan Zoghbi <jihanzoghbi at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> When I'm trying to build up the vtk-5.4.2 source, I got the following
>> error:
>>
>> usr/local/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataParser.cxx: In member function ‘void
>> vtkXMLDataParser::SeekInlineDataPosition(vtkXMLDataElement*)’:
>> /usr/local/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataParser.cxx:175: error: ‘class
>> vtkXMLDataElement’ has no member named ‘GetInlineDataPosition’
>> /usr/local/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataParser.cxx:191: error: ‘class
>> vtkXMLDataElement’ has no member named ‘SetInlineDataPosition’
>> /usr/local/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataParser.cxx:195: error: ‘class
>> vtkXMLDataElement’ has no member named ‘GetInlineDataPosition’
>> make[2]: ** [IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIO.dir/vtkXMLDataParser.o] Erro 1
>> make[1]: ** [IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIO.dir/all] Erro 2
>> make: ** [all] Erro 2
>>

>> Anybody knows how to fix the above error?
>>
>> Thank em advance
>>
>> --
>> Jihan Zoghbi

>> Powered by www.kitware.com