[vtkusers] Saving BMP without visualizing them

Dmitri Danewitz d.danewitz at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 18 06:46:46 EDT 2009

Hello!

I wrote a program, that visualizes a BMP and then saves it afterwards. But I can't manage to only save the BMP without visualizing it first. What am I doing wrong?

Here's how I try to save the vtkRenderer, where my image data is:

vtkRendererSource *renSrcBMP = vtkRendererSource::New();
  renSrcBMP->SetInput(ren[1]);
  renSrcBMP->WholeWindowOn();
  vtkBMPWriter *bmpWriter = vtkBMPWriter::New();
  bmpWriter->SetInput(renSrcBMP->GetOutput());
  bmpWriter->SetFileName("d:/Output.bmp");
  bmpWriter->Write();

Greets
Dmitri