[vtkusers] MouseMoveEvent bug in Cocoa

Benoist Laurent laurentbenoist at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:19:58 EDT 2009

I know what a breakpoint is but I wasn't sure what you meant.

I used the well known method of the "print Hello" which is less attractive than the breakpoint method but quite rapid !!
My first observation was that the mouseMoved: method is never called.
It's quite interesting because the OnMouseMove methode of my InteractorStyle is called when you move the mouse AND click in the same time
but the mouseMoved method of the vtkCocoaGLView like I said is never called.

My vtkCocoaGLView therefore doesn't handle the device events.
Wrong.
The same "print Hello" in the keyUp method works well (idem for the other events).
So every event works except the mouseMove event ?!!

After a more specific search, a interesting link was found which explain that mouse move events are deactivated by default in Cocoa (in a performance matter).
  http://serenity.uncc.edu/web/ADC/2005/Developer_DVD_Series/April/ADC%20Reference%20Library/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/BasicEventHandling/Tasks/HandlingMouseEvents.html

The answer is :
  [window setAcceptsMouseMovedEvents:YES];

It's that simple but I've not see it elsewhere before.

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Ben