[vtkusers] How to overlay two images with different opacities, ..

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Aug 14 05:36:28 EDT 2009

You'll find some examples that do precisely this in VTKEdge. (vtkedge.org).
Look at PaintbrushTest*.cxx. It overlays a label map segmentation on a
graylevel image. The opacity of the label map, or each label individually is
controlled using "<" and ">" keys, so as to fade the segmentations in and
out.

The classes that do the blending are based on VTK..

--
karthik

2009/8/13 Miguel Angel Rodriguez Florido <marf at itccanarias.org>

>        Hi all,
>
>        Perhaps this is an obvious question, but I've been playing with
> textures and lookuptables but I didn't get what I was looking for. I don't
> know where I'm wrong.
>
>        I would like to overlay two images (a color/graylevel image and its
> segmented version), and then I would like to change the opacity of any label
> or change its color. Could anybody give me any hint?.
>
>        Thank you very much.
>        Best regards.
>
> --
> Miguel Angel Rodríguez Florido
> Departamento de Ingeniería del Software
> División de Investigación y Desarrollo Tecnológico
> INSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO DE CANARIAS, S.A. - GOBIERNO DE CANARIAS
> www.itccanarias.org t: +34 928 727548/457462, f: +34 928 727517

> AVISO LEGAL:
> Este mensaje y los ficheros adjuntos si los hubiere, se dirigen
> exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o
> confidencial. La transmisión errónea del presente mensaje en ningún momento
> supone renuncia a su confidencialidad. Si no es vd. el destinatario
> indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin
> autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha
> recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
> inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.
>
> LEGAL WARNING:
> This message and the files attached if there were any, are intended
> exclusively for its addressee and may contain information that is
> CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional privilege. A wrong transmission
> to this message don't suppose we relinquished to It's confidential. If you
> are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly
> prohibited by law. If this message has been received in error, please
> immediately notify us via e-mail and delete it.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,
Kitware Inc.