[vtkusers] Image plane disappearing

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Aug 13 01:02:36 EDT 2009

What is the camera's clipping range ? It might be that the clipping range
when viewing a single slice with the direction of projection along its
normal, ends up with a size of 0 along the z direction.

This is consistent with the fact that you have no issues viewing it at an
angle, when the clipping range will be non-zero.

If this is indeed the case, you'd want to disable the InteractorStyle's
"AutoAdjustCameraClippingRange" ivar and set the range yourself to half the
pixel spacing along z, on either side of the slice in question.

This is how vtkImageViewer2.cxx handles this.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Doug Hoppes <dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com>wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

>             I’ve got a strange problem and not sure what is causing it.  I
> have loaded an image stack (10 images) into a VTK window.  When the user
> uses the mouse wheel, I move through the image plane by setting all of the
> images to be invisible, but the current plane.
>

>             The weird situation is that, if I am looking at the image stack
> head-on (the camera is pointing directly at the top of the image plane),
> when I scroll through the plane, some of the images do not show.  If I move
> my mouse slightly, the image shows immediately.  If I am placing the camera
> askew to the image stack (so that you see the stack at an angle), everything
> works fine.
>

>             I tried calling the InteractorStyle->Render() after setting the
> image plane to be visible, but, that doesn’t seem to work.
>

> Doug

> Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
>
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> MBF Bioscience (Microbrightfield, Inc.)