[vtkusers] vtkPointSet::GetPoint bug?

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Wed Aug 12 14:02:27 EDT 2009

It requires to touch a lot of classes in VTK that use it before
turning it as deprecated.

The real bad method is actually on vtkDataArray.h:
virtual double *GetTuple(vtkIdType i) = 0;

This is the one that should be really deprecated, but it requires
probably more files to change in VTK.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Sean McBride<sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On 8/11/09 7:05 PM, Francois Bertel said:
>
>>This is just a very error-prone interface. Ironically, I ran into the
>>same issue than you today.
>>It actually returns the pointer of an internal temporary tuple.
>>
>>Just don't use it.
>
> Hear Hear!
>
>>I just added some comment right now to this crapy method (rev 1.67 of
>>VTK/Common/vtkPoints.h).
>
> How about marking it with VTK_LEGACY?  That way the compiler can warn
> when someone does use it.
>
> --
> Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com
> Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
> Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive