[vtkusers] DeVIDE Runtime Environment 9.8 release announcement

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 12 07:28:24 EDT 2009

Dear all,

Have you ever wondered how nice it would be to be able to:
* Experiment with VTK in Python, and / or ...
* Experiment with ITK in Python, if possible with the fantastic new
WrapITK 0.3.0 wrapping system, and / or ...
* Work with a dynamic graphical programming environment that supports
your experimentation, and / or ...
* Write your own GUI applications with wxPython, VTK, ITK and full
DICOM support via GDCM, and / or ...
* Play around with numpy and matplotlib for good measure?

Have you ever wondered how cool it would be if you didn't need to
compile all of this first?

Well, wonder no more! :)

I've just release the DeVIDE Runtime Environment v9.8, on open-source
framework that does all of the above and more, on Linux 32, Linux 64,
Windows 32 and Windows 64.

See here for the release announcement:
http://devidenews.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/devide-9-8-released/

... and here for the DeVIDE website:
http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/Projects/DeVIDE (includes screenshots
and screencasts).

After all that spin, I do have to warn that the whole framework has
been fundamentally re-engineered since the previous 9.1 release,
primarily due to the DRE.  Due to this, some of you will run into
problems.  Fortunately, we have a good bug tracking system for those.
If you can help me to reproduce the bug, I can fix it.

Thanks for your time,
Charl Botha