[vtkusers] vtk Graph - Extracting a Subgraph

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Aug 11 10:27:06 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Dirk VanBruggen <
dirk.c.vanbruggen at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I go about finding a mapping between this string name and the vertex
> id?  I see that vtkGraph.FindVertex may be of some help but it does not seem
> to be a valid function when I use it.  I am using the Python Binding.  Would
> that cause this issue?

This should work:
SetOriginVertexString("label", "the-label-of-the-vertex")

FindVertex will find a vertex by its pedigree id, which may not be what you
want since you are using the "label" array which may not be pedigree ids.
FindVertex takes a vtkVariant as an argument, and currently any methods with
a vtkVariant in the signature are not wrapped.

Jeff

--
Jeff Baumes, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.