[vtkusers] vtk Graph - Extracting a Subgraph

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Wed Aug 5 16:43:08 EDT 2009

Dirk,

1. vtkBoostBreadthFirstSearch will create an integer array "BFS" on the
vertices, the distance from the starting point. You can set the starting
vertex on the filter.
2. Create a vtkSelection representing a threshold 0-2 on the "BFS" array.
Something along the lines of:

vtkIntArray* arr = vtkIntArray::New();
arr->InsertNextValue(0);
arr->InsertNextValue(2);
arr->SetName("BFS");
vtkSelectionNode* node = vtkSelectionNode::New();
node->SetContentType(vtkSelectionNode::THRESHOLDS);
node->SetFieldType(vtkSelectionNode::VERTICES);
node->SetSelectionList(arr);
vtkSelection* sel = vtkSelection::New();
sel->AddNode(node);

See the source article here

http://kitware.com/products/thesource/apr2009.html

for more details on vtkSelection.

3. Use vtkExtractSelectedGraph, first input the output of the BFS filter,
second input the selection.

HTH,
Jeff

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Dirk VanBruggen <dirk.c.vanbruggen at gmail.com