[vtkusers] Need help with Vectors

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Aug 4 11:40:38 EDT 2009

Hello,

I think what you want is to use vtkGlyph3D, which will let you supply
the vtkArrowSource as the SourceConnection, and then your point data
with vector attributes (create vectors out of end position - start
position) as InputConnection. Then each point can be "glyphed" with an
arrow which is oriented (and possibly scaled) by the vector at each
point.

There are some Examples that use vtkGlyph3D in the VTK source. A
simple one which uses a ConeSource instead of an Arrow is in Testing/
Cxx/Mace.cxx

Good luck,
-Eric

Eric E Monson