[vtkusers] Translating and rotating PolyData

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 08:06:34 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Dmitri Danewitz <d.danewitz at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hello folks!
>
> Is there a way to rotate / translate a vtkPolyData in a such way that not
> only the borders of the vtkPolyData are moved, but also the values in the
> polyData?
>
> For example if I haf a PolyData with 1x1 coordinates which are:
>
> x = 0, y = 0
> with the value 6 in that location and I move it to:
>  x = x +100
> so that the new coordinates are :
> x = 100, y = 0
> and the value would still be 6
>
> Does someone know how to do such a thing?
>
> Greets
> Dmitri

I assume by the "value" you mean you have a double array (or some other
type) associated with the data. In that case, you do not have to do anything
special to "move" the values. The geometry is indexed (point 0, point 1,
etc) the same way as the array is, so if the geometry moves, the array is
still associated with the correct point without any action on your part.

Is this what you are talking about?

Thanks,

David