[vtkusers] [Paraview] qvtk problems with the pipeline

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 3 11:12:06 EDT 2009

So that other poor souls save some time... the problem was this single
line of code executed at the beginning of the apply function:

image->GetPointData()->SetActiveScalars(comboBoxFieldName->currentText().toStdString());

I would not expect setting the active scalars to modify the object, but
doing my own bookkeeping for the scalar name (and calling this line only
when the value really changes) fixes it.

Interestingly, this also solved the problem with the update extents.
While I am glad I had solved it - and am grateful for the very useful
hints I received - I would still allow myself to complain at the ease
with which it is possible to make errors and at the difficulties to find
them quickly... (this is in the context of our recent (very hot :)
discussions over here to eventually switch the whole visualization group
to work with VTK and not raw OpenGL - and those points are always the
counter arguments of my opponents...)

with regards,
Dominik
regards,
Dominik

--
d o m i n i k   s z c z e r b a ,   p h d . . . . . . . . . . .
c o m p u t a t i o n a l   l i f e   s c i e n c e   g r o u p