[vtkusers] VTK & VMTK.

Zampini Samuele samuele.zampini at epfl.ch
Mon Aug 3 09:16:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a question about vtk/vmtk.

I am trying to create a GUI with a vmtk window in it. I am really starting from the a zero-level script. 1st of all I would like to know if it is possible to write a script in c++ which uses the vmtk functions.

Let me post below my code:

#include "vmtk_test.hpp"
vtkRenderer *create_scene()
{

  vtkvmtkDICOMImageReader* reader = vtkvmtkDICOMImageReader::New();
  reader->SetDirectoryName("/usr/scratch/zampini/vmtk/dicom/pa1/st1/se1/");
  reader->AutoOrientImageOn();
  reader->Update();
  vtkImageData* image = reader->GetOutput();

}

Could it work?
Because I get the "segmentation fault" error message when I try to compile it.
Any idea?

Thanks a lot,
Samuele

PS: vmtk_test.hpp is the file containing all the libraries needed to execute this program.