[vtkusers] [CMake] QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Sat Aug 1 10:36:13 EDT 2009

On 08/01/2009 01:28 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to build vtk with cmake using QT in debug mode on linux. I have
> tried both installing the system QT debug symbols package (Ubuntu) as
> well as compiling QT myself with (debug-and-release mode), but cmake
> keeps displaying:
>
> QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
>
> My CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is DEBUG. How can I force the use of QT debug
> version?
>
> - Dominik

Qt typically gives a .debug file for debug symbols.  So that would be a
libQtCore.so and libQtCore.so.debug instead of libQtCore.so and
libQtCored.so.  Its fine for QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_DEBUG to be NOTFOUND, if
you have a .debug file.  Or if you configured Qt with -debug and it gave
you a debug library with the name of a release library, you can ignore
that QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_DEBUG is NOTFOUND.

Clint