[vtkusers] vtkSeedWidget: How to retrieve handle positions?1

Thu Apr 30 17:02:35 EDT 2009

I think I see how to to do it, but shouldn't there be some sort of
method that does this without all the indirection required?

It looks like you have to do it this way:

typedef double SeedPoint[3];
typedef std::list<SeedPoint> SeedPointList;

SeedPointList pointList;

vtkHandleWidget *handle;
for(unsigned i = 0; (handle = seedWidget->GetSeed(i)) != 0; i++)
  {
  SeedPoint curPoint;
  handle->GetWorldPosition(curPoint);
  pointList.push_back(curPoint);
  }

Is this correct?

Second important question -- does the 'world position' returned mean
the 'real' world position or does it -- like vtkContourWidget -- have
world X,Y,Z permuted depending on the orientation of the view?