[vtkusers] 8 bit data volume rendering (yet again)

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 02:03:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

Sorry for my last answer, my understanding of your problem was wrong. If I
am right, you should use the vtkImageReader (or vtkImageReader2) that allow
you to load a stack of raw images as a volume. The member functions
SetDataScalarTypeToChar( ) and SetFileDimensionality( 2 ) should do the
trick for your 8bit stack. Set other information (file prefix, size, etc.)
and you will have as output an 8bit volume with dimension on z equal to the
number of files and x,y dimensions to the image size you set.

Yes, keep hope! What you wish is possible with VTK!

Best regards,
Jerome