[vtkusers] vtkGeometryFilter question

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Apr 21 15:05:35 EDT 2009

The pedigree_ids attribute marker was added to vtk for just this
purpose. To use it, make a vtkIdType array with a unique value for
each cell. Then mark it as "the" pedigree_ids array.
vtkDataSet()->GetCellData()->SetPedigreeIds(your_new_array). VTK
thereafter tries to preserve the contents of that array as long as it
can, so that you can determine where each cell came from.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive