[vtkusers] [Insight-users] Surface Rendering

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 21 09:10:45 EDT 2009

Hi John,

ITK doesn't provide any visualization functionalities.

You may want to introduce VTK into your application.
See for example:

   InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/
      itkReadITKImage3DExtractContourVTK.cxx
      itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx
      itkReadITKImageSegmentShowVTK.cxx
      itkReadITKImageShowSplineVTK.cxx
      itkReadITKImageShowVTK.cxx

or you may want to save your segmentation into any of
the image fileformats that VTK can read (for example
MetaImage .mhd and/or VTK Legacy .vtk), then read these
images with a VTK based program.

Common options are:

   a) Paraview (www.paraview.org)
   b) Slicer   (www.slicer.org)