[vtkusers] VTK Example Installation error

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:56:50 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: JIA Pei <jp4work at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:21 AM
Subject: VTK Example Installation error
To: kitware at kitware.com

Dear VTK developers:

I'm seriously sorry but urgent to drop this question. No matter how I tried
to install VTK 5.4.0 on my laptop, Ubuntu 8.10, I always got the following
error messages:

Well, I used "checkinstall" to actually install the VTK package.

"
Installing with make install...

========================= Installation results ===========================
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:CMakeCInformation.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:CMakeCXXInformation.cmake
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:105 (INCLUDE):
include could not find load file:

/Modules/CMakeExportBuildSettings.cmake

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:CMakeCXXInformation.cmake
CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:228 (CMAKE_EXPORT_BUILD_SETTINGS):
Unknown CMake command "CMAKE_EXPORT_BUILD_SETTINGS".

make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

**** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Restoring overwritten files from backup...OK

Cleaning up...OK

Bye.
"

For sure, it's not because I forgot to set up the system enviroment
CMAKE_ROOT. And, as you can see, My $CMAKE_ROOT is pointing to
"/usr/share/cmake-2.6"

"
jiapei at jiapei-laptop:/etc$ echo $CMAKE_ROOT
/usr/share/cmake-2.6
"

What should I do to ensure I don't have the above error messages during
"checkinstall" installation.

Rgds
JIA

--