[vtkusers] Naming DataArray in DataSet for ParaView compliance

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 03:08:10 EDT 2009

Dear list,

I forward this thread that occured on ParaView mailing list:
   http://markmail.org/message/hssoulqf2ikvwhho

It initiated because of an error message found in ParaView. I was trying to
expose some VTK filter to ParaView, with just an XML description of the
filters. The rendering process found no data to render! This is because some
data array (PointData) are not named.
I was able to do my stuff by plugging a vtkImageMagnitude to the
source/filter output. Or by derivating the class to a vtkPVImage...Filter
and overloading a function and so on...

AFAIK, this is the case with:
- vtkImageGaussianSource
- vtkImageReslice and inherited classes

Would it be possible to give a default name to all data array involved in a
DataSet? Do I have to post on vtk-developers?

Thanks for all!

Jerome