[vtkusers] C++ example compilation

Grzegorz Pytel bioinfguy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 02:03:53 EDT 2009

Hi, I'm getting a following error during linking:

Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtkPatented.lib'
I'm using VS2008 and I have compiled VTK out source. I wanted to
complieVTK's example source (
http://www.vtk.org/VTK/help/examplecode.html). This is my first C++
tryout, before I've been using java and vtk. Have I
done something wrong during VTK library compilation? Why it hasn't been
created? What's the name of project (set of classess) responsible for
creation this lib? How can I build only this lib (and I assume also dll)
without having to compile the whole library once again? Is this extra small
package recompilation indeed indispensable to have an example working?

Thanks in advance,

Gregory