[vtkusers] error in updating to vtk 5.4.....

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Thu Apr 9 07:00:20 EDT 2009

Hello guys,

I have my own library called vtkGIPLReader which reads the GIPL format of an MRI scan. now the problem I think is that that class has been written in with VTK 4.2 and never updated. Now, before updating my vtk from 5.2 to 5.4 today, everything was fine with the vtkGIPLreader, but now, I got this really strange RUN TIME message:

Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call.  This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

What is this about?

Kind regards.
Giancarlo Amati