[vtkusers] vtkBarChartActor and fonts

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Wed Apr 8 16:41:31 EDT 2009

You can name bars in a bar chart by adding another column to the table
that the chart uses. This can be a string array with ranges (like
"0-4", "5-9"), or a numeric array (perhaps containing the bin
centers). Make sure you name the arrays in the vtkTable, then after
you add the table to the view, retrieve the representation with
GetRepresentation(), downcast with
vtkQtChartTableRepresentation::SafeDownCast(rep), and call
tablerep->SetKeyColumn(name). This will make the chart use the
specified column as the x axis values.

Note: If you are using VTK CVS head, a few class names will soon
change slightly:

1. vtkQtChartViewBase will be called vtkQtChartView.
2. vtkQtChartTableRepresentation will be called vtkQtChartRepresentation.

You can always check GUISupport/Qt/Testing/Cxx/TestVtkBarChartView.cxx
for the most up-to-date way to make a bar chart if your code suddenly
breaks.

Jeff