[vtkusers] vtkTIFFReader

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:51:13 EDT 2009

Roger,

If you have itk built, try to read the file. I made several changes in
the itkTIFFImageIO class over a year ago:

BUG: inappropriate use of long and unsigned long. On 64 bit systems,
these may be 8 bytes long. The tif library does not read 8 byte
fields. It defines uint32 and int32 to be int's on 64 bit systems.

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/IO/itkTIFFImageIO.cxx?root=Insight&r1=1.57&r2=1.58

It looks like vtk has these changes, but there are other differences
in how the two handle tiff images.

If you don't have an itk build, perhaps you can send Sean a sample
image and he can try to read it with ITK.

Bill