[vtkusers] How to crop a rectangular volume of interest from an image when your roi is defined as polydata?

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 6 08:07:50 EDT 2009

Leo,

have you tried vtkPolyDataToImageStencil to make an image mask

of your polydata ROI ? You can use this filter to create a stencil

which can then be used with vtkImageStencil to mask out areas of

your vtkImageData.

Dean

Software Demos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYNtHC9-0s

I am also looking for methods to extract a VOI from a vtkImageData structure
for the case that the VOI is defined as a vtkPolyData structure. I also
noticed that current method (vtkextractvoi and vtkoutlinefilter) gives a
VOI, which is not identical to the original vtkPolyData structure. Since we
often define the VOI with an accuracy of one point, the difference very
annoying. So I am also looking for an alternative.

Until now I have not found a way to construct an alternative method with the
existing objects in VTK. But maybe I missed something, so does anybody know
a method to extract a VOI without distorting the angles using existing
objects?

If not, suggestions for a new algorithm are also welcome.

regards,
Leo.