[vtkusers] vtkVolumeRaycastMapper and vtkRenderLargeImage

Simon Drouin drouin.simon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:17:02 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Using vtkVolumeRaycastMapper for volume rendering in conjunction with
vtkRenderLargeImage with a magnification factor of 2 produces images with a
black column of pixels in the middle of the image. The same scene rendered
with vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D is perfectly fine. I get the same result both
on windows XP (MSVC 9) and OSX.

I suppose the problem is that vtkVolumeRaycastMapper doesn't render the last
(or the first) column of pixels, which doesn't show too much when it is on
the side of the window. When using vtkRenderLargeImage with a magnification
of 2, the last column of the first block ends up in the center of the
screen.

Has anyone tried to address this problem yet? I might dive into it if I have
time soon, though I'm a little bit affraid of the vtkRaycastMapper code :-)

s.