[vtkusers] grass-6.4.0 requirements for building NVIZ

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Sep 30 15:52:34 EDT 2008

Looking at your post to the Grass Users mailing list I am going to bet:

cd /usr/X11/lib
sudo bash
# enter your password
mv libGL.dylib libGL.dylib.apple
ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries/
libGL.dylib .

had something to do with the current linking problem.

There were link issues when 10.5 first came out. I _thought_ Apple
fixed those in the latest update.. maybe not.

The solution at the time for OpenGL link issues with OS X 10.5 was the
following link argument:

-Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/
Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib

Note that is one gigantic argument.

You issue may be something else but I would be inclined to put the
Apple GL libs back to the way they were and then try the above link
argument.

Mike