[vtkusers] Sample code using VTK and DICOM

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:41:29 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM, masabumi ishihara
<maty.ishihara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi vtkusers,
>
> I am a newbie of this ML.
> I am an engineer of Medical Imaging in Japan, so I operate DICOM data
> everyday.
> This time, I have just started using VTK, so I need amount of sample source
> code using VTK and DICOM data.
> So, I would apriciate it if you give me the sample code.

If you are lucky, vtkDICOMImageReader will work out of the box (raw
data only). If it fails, try vtkGDCMImageReader (will support
RAW/JPEG/JPEGLS/JPEG2000/RLE/Deflated and almost all Photometric
Interpretation).

see my previous post where I list all examples using it:

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2008-July/096145.html

ref:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDICOMImageReader.html

and