[vtkusers] Find intersection point between a line and an actor

Clare Fitzpatrick clare.fitzpatrick at ucd.ie
Wed Sep 24 13:12:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a vtk actor (from polydata), which is intersected by a line. I want to find the coordinates at the point of intersection (the actual point on the surface, rather than the closest vertex). I was looking at the IntersectWithLine method for vtkCellLocator, but I'm using Tcl, and I can't figure out how to implement it in Tcl. (Although I figure this gives me the cell Id rather than the point coordinate, but I can calculate the intersection point from there).

Can anyone help with either implementing this in Tcl, or any other suggestions for finding the intersection point?
Thanks
Clare