[vtkusers] vtkPropAssembly VisibilityOff()

pjtr hahn pjtr.hahn at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 24 05:05:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a question regarding vtkPropAssembly.

What I try to do is to build a very simple scene graph like structure
with a top-level actor of type vtkPropAssembly, 3 sibbling child
actors of vtkPropAssembly and a lot of child nodes of Type vtkActor.

The purpose of these simple tree structure is to be able to switch
visibility of one of the 3 child groups depending on some criterion.

The problem is:
I can't set the vtkPropAssembly on the second level to
VisibilityOff(). I don't understand this because the documentation
says it is rendered in a recursive manner and therefor honors all
settings you can make on vtkProp. However it is working if I use my
second level as the firs level and add all 3 sibblings to the
renderer, but this is something I want to avoid.

I searched the source code but I can't find any hind there the problem is.

Any idea or hint?

regards,

peter