[vtkusers] How to generate a 3D model from layers of single polygons

Oliver Kania ptw.freiburg at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:51:44 EDT 2008

Hello, we have a problem visualizing a certain type of medical data.
We have a certain number of planes in 3D and each plane contains a polygon.
The planes only differ in Z-coordinate.
Together, the polygons describe an organ structure -- each polygon
is the outline of a certain slice.
How can we
1. produce a connected 3-D model in memory ?
(Right now, we have only have 2-dimensional data per layer)
2. Make a cut with an arbitrary plane such that
we get an arbitrary outline ? (Our final goal)

Best regards,
Oliver