[vtkusers] can't find package vtk while executing a .tcl file

Peter Wainwright prw at ceiriog.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 12:51:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 06:27 -0500, Hua-Mei Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am new to this mailing list and have a very basic question that
> probably has been asked before. But, how do I modify a .tcl file such
> that it can be executed without any error like "can't find package vtk
> while executing "package require VTK" "?  In other word, I think my
> question is how to set path in a .tcl file. Thank you.

I think you need to modify the variable "auto_path".  If you execute
"puts $auto_path" in tclsh, you will see the default value, for me it is

% puts $auto_path
/usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.4 /usr/lib /usr/local/lib/tcltk /usr/local/share/tcltk /usr/lib/tcltk /usr/share/tcltk

Just add the path to the directory which contains the pkgIndex.tcl file
for VTK, e.g.

set auto_path "$auto_path /xxxxxx/lib/vtk-5.2"

Peter