[vtkusers] Can volume rendering be true color?

bluefishjj bluefishjj at 126.com
Wed Sep 17 04:56:04 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Currently, I see only volume rendering with pseudo color mapping, the opacity and the color are set according to the scalar values.

Now I have a series of true color images, which are taken for an object at different focus positions, read into vtkJPEGReader, and each point in the data has 3 scalar

components (vtkJPEGReader::GetOutput()->GetNumberOfScalarComponents() == 3). I wonder whether there is a method to set only the opacity

of the points in the data and perform the volume rendering to obtain a true color volume rendering objects.

Thanks in advance!