[vtkusers] write dataset in VTK format

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 10:58:07 EDT 2008

Madhu,

  I found the issue, it would only happen in ASCII:

$ cvs ci -m"ENH: Handle ASCII signed char too. Fix bug for char. Need
to write unsigned char when char type is unsigned" vtkDataWriter.cxx
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/IO/vtkDataWriter.cxx,v  <--  vtkDataWriter.cxx

  you should really save your vtkImageData as binary:
1. it will work out of the box for you
2. it will be so much faster

2cts

--