[vtkusers] Problems with keyboard interaction

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 8 09:16:17 EDT 2008

Hi Oliver,

are your compilers compatible with Vista?  Did you build

VTK with Testing On and then run ctest? Is the keyboard

interaction not working for other vtk widgets? I could

not compile and run some VTK code using the

Borland  compiler on Vista. I have since moved on

to KWWidgets for GUI and MS Visual Studio

2005 standard edition with an update for Vista.

regards,

Dean

Hello all,

i compiled vtk 5.2.0 with bcc 5.9.3 (C++ Builder 2007, static release
mode and shared debug) successfully.

There was just one problem in the file vtkConvertSelection.cxx:
I added the line
#include <vtkstd/iterator>
and then it works.

Unfortunately I noticed problems with keyboard interaction - e.g.
SetKeyPressActivationValue('z')
for a vtkImagePlaneWidget has not effect now.
This is also true if i use the old ImagePlaneWidget.tcl script -
keyboard interaction fails for vtk 5.2.0 and vtkImagePlaneWidget (even
for vtk.exe compiled with VC++ 2008 Express Edition). Is this a known
problem?

I'm working on a 64bit Windows Vista System.

Kind regards
Oliver Weinheimer